Robotic Partial Nephrectomy of Endophytic Tumor: Technique and Result
Robotic surgery allows complex oncological renal surgery with at least equivalent safety and outcomes profiles when comparing to open and laparoscopic approach. We describe a robotic partial nephrectomy of an endophytic tumor with intraoperative ultrasound support and 10th month follow-up outcome.
2. Orvieto MA, Patel VR, Evolution of robot-assisted radical prostatectomy. Scand J Surg. 2009;98(2):76-88
3. Rogers CG, Patard JJ, Open to debate. The motion: Robotic partial nephrectomy is better than open partial nephrectomy. Eur Urol. 2009 Sep;56(3):568-70
4. Braga LH et al, Systematic review and meta-analysis of robotic-assisted versus conventional laparoscopic pyeloplasty for patients with ureteropelvic junction obstruction: effect on operative time, length of hospital stay, postoperative complications, and success rate. Eur Urol. 2009 Nov;56(5):848-57
5. Mottrie A et al, Impact of the learning curve on perioperative outcomes in patients who underwent robotic partial nephrectomy for parenchymal renal tumours. Eur Urol. 2010 Jul;58(1):127-32
6. Ficarra V et al, Robot-assisted partial nephrectomy for renal tumors larger than 4 cm: results of a multicenter, international series. World J Urol. 2012 Oct;30(5):665-70
7. Borghesi M et al, Expanding utilization of robotic partial nephrectomy for clinical T1b and complex T1a renal masses. World J Urol. 2013 Jun;31(3):499-504
8. Png KS et al, The role of R.E.N.A.L. nephrometry score in the era of robot-assisted partial nephrectomy. J Endourol. 2013 Mar;27(3):304-8
9. Masson-Lecomte A et al, A prospective comparison of the pathologic and surgical outcomes obtained after elective treatment of renal cell carcinoma by open or robot-assisted partial nephrectomy. Urol Oncol. 2013 Aug;31(6):924-9
Copyright (c) 2018 Portuguese Association of Urology
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.